How is powerpoint different from Voicethread?
Voicethread is a multimedia slideshow that allows users anywhere to collaborate.
There are 3 basic steps:
1. Create a free account
2. Upload images, documents, and videos to the presentation
Yep. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Once the Voicethread is created watch the magic happen. Comments can be left around each part of the slideshow either by voice, text or video. Everything can be embed on a webpage or in a blog for even easier sharing.
Just a couple of ideas:
- Instead of having students create a Power Point, create a Voicethread that they get to narrate and share with the class. Other students can leave comments on the different parts of the presentation.
- Book Reviews
Here resources for learning about and using Voicethread in the classroom:
- Using Voicethread For Digital Conversations-Examples of Voicethreads as well as some guides to download to help students through the creation process and to walk them through commenting.
- The How-To Voicethread Wiki-This site has some great screenshots and suggestions how to make your Voicethreads and how to do more with them.
- 26 Interesting Ways To Use Voicethread In The Classroom-Another presentation full of ideas.
- Voicethread As A Digital Portfolio-This great post explains how one teacher collected and shared each students' work for an entire year and used Voicethread as the portfolio.
Another great feature? They have an iOS app. So you can create Voicethreads with your iPad or iPod touch. Awesome!